Monday 31 August 2009

The Write Stuff

I don't consider myself to be a writer, mostly because no one reads this blog, but also because I don't do it often enough for me to take myself seriously. I do enjoy writing and like to think I have my own style, which isn't completely terrible. But if someone offered me the chance to write for a living, I'm not sure I'd take it. I mean, I'm pretty undisciplined so working to such tight deadlines that require such a high standard would show me up to be the fraud I know I am.

One thing I do do to keep my toe in the water, so to speak, is comment on a website I read every so often. However I KNOW I'm not a writer and that there is a very good reason as to why I do not write for a living. I do realise though, that someone has failed to make some other posters aware of this. A lot of them respond to articles, with mini-articles of their own as if to show the moderators what they're missing out on. Steups.

And that really irritates me.

No comments: