Wednesday 15 April 2009

Odds and ends

I've found myself oddly obsessed with Riverdance and cinnamon of late. There's this channel that shows a lot of Riverdance documentaries and performances for some reason and I've watched most of them. The finale of their performances, where the entire line comes out and they do their thing and they're all going for it, has made me burst into tears...on two seperate occasions. Sigh! Why, you ask? Who the hell knows? I bloody don't!

And I have been watching these shows while chowing down on cinnamon men I buy from this supermarket called Waitrose. They're 12 for £1 and they're effing deelishis! I have eaten close to forty in the past couple weeks...not to mention the cinnamon bun/ swirl I hoovered up yesterday. Then there's the hot cross bun fiasco. Of course I only eat the apple and cinnamon ones. I had been on the hunt for the perfect hot cross bun (similar to my hunt for the perfect apple- but that's another story). So of course this meant me trawling various bakeries and supermarkets 'testing' them out. Of course, that is what I called it, as if it were some fancy science experiment, and not just me stuffing my face with crap. And after two weeks, I've found a winner- Marks and Spencer's were FAR superior to any others I'd tried. So of course on Good Frdiay, I went and bought four packs. They come in packs of four. So yes, I bought 16 buns in one go. I have had to put them in the freezer, so as not to yam them down all in one sitting. Yes, things are that bad.

But the day before yesterday, I opened a pack and put two buns in the oven, slathered them with butter and tore those bad boys up!

I need help.

No comments: