Tuesday 14 October 2008

You were always on my mind...

I'm sitting here in the Language Resource Centre, trying to do some extra interpreting practice, but all I can think about is chipping down the road in my costume, and those boots I saw at the weekend.

Sigh! This is the burden of being a Trini. Carnival is too much 'in' us to ever forget it. Even people who don't play mas, tend to like to watch it, on telly or in person. My mother is the only person I actually know, who has never played mas, nor expressed a desire to do so. I'm sure there are others, but they're probably in the minority.

I do know that a new thing is Carnival trips, where people plan to leave the country, specifically for those two days as a mark of protest or what have you. Fine by me! Just means more space on the road for my effing massive and fabulous costume!

I need to do some work, but can't stop singing "Tell dem we Phea-sant!"

2kWhine, we ready!

No comments: