Monday 25 August 2008

Version 2.0

Well

I'm taking a second stab at this. I had a blog once. A long, long time ago. Before I lived in Crewe, before I worked in Manchester, before I got married. I found it oh, so therapeutic. But also oh, so time consuming. And true to form, my short attention span won out in the end and I sort of gave up.

So here I am trying again. The odd thing is, my life isn't so terrible these days so I don't really have any inspiration. But what I do have is boredom. A lot of it. So I might as well try to sate it enforcing my views upon the world.

I decided to name this blog Life in a Northern Town because I live in a Northern town, somewhat against my will, and it's the name of a very catchy 80s song. I live here against my will because my husband owns a flat here. Funny thing though, he's hardly ever lived here since he bought it. And now he gets to live in fabulous Munich, and I'm stuck in the land o' the Chavs. But he'll be home soon...and will be able to share in my misery.

This is the second northern town I've lived in since I came to England in 1999. I went to uni in Preston and spent three years there after I graduated. Preston's not the greatest place on earth, but it was my first home in England and it will always hold a special place in my heart. And in any case, compared to Crewe, it's bloody Paris!

So I live here and have to deal with it as best I can. Here's to life in my northern town!

No comments: